Friday, May 23

BLANK CONSCIOUSNESS


       Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is just opinion.
                                                                                                                      
                    -Democritus

I don’t know what I am doing here. Where my life is headed, where it should be headed, I am unable to contemplate. Listening to melancholic piano instrumentals, I find myself relaxed. In this helplessness, I have found a different sort of peace. My life and thoughts are naked. There’s nothing to be scared of, nothing to lose, nothing to hide, nothing to pretend. It’s all out there. I don’t know how to measure the value of my existence, or whether there even exists any way to do that. The music makes me feel like I am on some kind of invisible turf, gliding across an unknown space. The mind is blank. I am thinking whether I should think anything. Perhaps I am too tired for voluntary thinking, forcing myself into thoughts I don’t want to delve into. There is no anger, no frustration, no joy, no haste, nothing. It’s like a book whose pages are blank. You can read whatever you want to. You don’t have to go through the words someone else has scribbled. Just that I choose not to read. I merely opened the book and was astound by the beauty of the nothingness. I don’t want to read. I keep staring at the pages, emotionless like a piece of rock on a cold desert night. 

The music is still there. Perhaps it’s the only thing that is keeping me from dying. There is a thin boundary between being completely blank and dying, and I think the music’s keeping me on that line now. And it’s beautiful. I don’t fancy death. Neither do I think it is an escape. It’s just a state, as elegant and existent as life, just less dynamic. Your life is how much of it you want to go through. Did you notice how many times you blinked while reading this shit I have scribbled? Most probably not. That’s a piece of your reality that just went by. A piece of information that helped create the notion of you just went unrecorded. But it was trivial, or most of us tend to believe so. You choose to know only fractions of yourself. And that’s perhaps the mechanism that keeps you sane, for sanity is, I suppose, thinking within the boundaries of a predefined ‘normal’ space. Am I insane? No, because I believe I am still inside that boundary. The music soothes me; it keeps me from thinking about stuff most of you are going through when I am writing this little piece for myself. Meanwhile, I embrace emptiness. I fall back, looking at myself and the world from an angle I have never seen before. In this emptiness there are flows of feeling incredible. I feel like I am an all-knowledgeable entity, something like the concept of god, and I don’t care about anything. I am free. This moment is like an intensely powerful orgasm, albeit incredibly silent, and lasting infinitesimally longer; flowing like a wave. The tune goes on, and I go on. Come with me, and let’s fade into nothingness. Let’s go back to where it all started. I can’t believe I have scribbled this much of absolute randomness, the minute vibrations of a mind at peace, almost 550 words, and still there’s nothing to it, no meaning to it, no purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment